Beauty With Inn owner, Natalie Faulkner, tells of her own experiences with semi-permanent makeup.
Recently, we had the pleasure of welcoming Ruth Barron-Munns of Bare Beauty Aesthetics to our fabulous team here at Beauty With Inn (she’ll be providing clinics on Wednesdays and by special appointment on a Sunday).
With Ruth on board, I thought there’d be no better way to introduce her to our customers than by having my own eyebrows semi permanently made up!
As I’m the image of Beauty With Inn, it’s very important to me to ensure it’s the right image, and I couldn’t recommend treatments to my customers if I didn’t understand the procedure myself.
What follows is a review of my experience, but first, here’s a ‘before’ picture:
After a comfort cream had been applied to my brows, Ruth thoroughly went through my medical forms and consulted me on what could and couldn’t be achieved with semi-permanent makeup. After about 15-20 minutes, we went on to discuss the most flattering shape for my face.
The brows were subsequently drawn on and checked (and double checked!). This bit can take a little while, but Ruth is a perfectionist and wants everything to be spot on. If there was something I wasn’t happy with, she would alter it whilst also using her professional judgement; it really is a collaboration.
Once we were both happy and all paperwork signed, it began!
I felt no pain at all during the procedure and Ruth makes sure you are comfortable throughout. In fact, I was surprised at the lack of pain; occasionally, it can be a little uncomfortable but it’s nothing worse than a slight sting – a bit like when you get a paper cut.
I felt more of the vibrations from Ruth’s Digital Tattoo machine (it’s nothing like a normal tattoo gun and very quiet). My procedure only took 2 hours but as I had previous tattooing it was a bit quicker. You should allow approximately 2 ½ – 3 hours for an initial eyebrow appointment. Every treatment is unique and bespoke to you – there’s no one-size-fits-all solution here.
My eyebrows felt quite dark to start with, but they will scab and fade in the next week to reveal a beautiful ash brown colour which I think it perfect for me. Ruth was so professional throughout the procedure and really put me at ease.
Post Eyebrow Tattooing
I want to look and feel great at work as I greet our customers, and now I have the perfect brows it has boosted my confidence massively and I’ve received so many compliments about them!
Ruth’s currently trying to convince me to have my lips done, because it looks like it’ll be the next big thing. And it’s easy to see why; imagine waking up each morning and your makeup already having been done!
Finally, here are my top 10 reasons why you should have Semi Permanent Makeup by Ruth:
1. You never need to spend time faffing over your brows!
2. Gain bespoke brows, lips and eyeliner to suit your own style.
3. They enhance your eyes!
4. They are perfect if you have suffered hair loss on your eyebrows as you can either have Hair Stroke Brows (super natural), or you can have Powdered Brows, which is what I opted for.
5. It will save you time! On average, it will save me 10 minutes a day in trying to get my eyebrows symmetrical and filled in. That 10 minutes a day can equate to 60 hours in a year! That’s 2 ½ days more YOU time every year!
6. You can go for a swim and come out of the water looking like a goddess! No need to pencil in your brows after taking a dip or doing some lengths.
7. It saves you money by not having to continuously buy new brow pencils and powders!
8. It can boost your confidence massively! For someone with little to no brows, having a beautiful set of natural luscious ones will do wonders for your confidence and self-esteem.
9. It makes your eyebrows more noticeable if you’re someone who does not wear make-up on your eyebrows or if they’re very thin or sparse.
10. Ruth does part-payment!
Here’s a video of my experience:
Ruth Barron-Munns of Bare Beauty Aesthetics LTD is available for consultations at Beauty With Inn on Wednesdays and by special appointment on Sundays. What’s more, the first 10 Customers will get a whopping 20% off semi-permanent eyebrows, lip treatments and eyeliner!
Also can make any enquiries via email firstname.lastname@example.org